I LOVE this time of year in Arizona. You simply can't beat it! The weather is gorgeous and so refreshing. You wake up to the smell of orange blossoms...at least in our neighborhood...there are orange trees everywhere so the smell is delicious! The sky's are blue, the sun is bright and the temperature is perfect. The citrus trees in the backyard have been very good to us this year. We've loved eating the oranges and grapefruit but haven't used too many lemons. We go out there all the time to pick a few and I even made lemon bars one day and those were SO GOOD! It hasn't even made a dent in the tree...this lemon tree has exploded this year...they are everywhere! The kids and I went out there yesterday and the lemons were GIGANTIC...ENORMOUS...HUGE!!! I've never seen lemons so dang big! I grabbed a couple bags and just started picking away. The smell was amazing! Before I knew it my bags were full and my arms were covered in scratches from the thorns on the lemon tree. Ouch! We went inside and made fresh lemonade and even added a strawberry puree. I love strawberry lemonade...it's my favorite! We sure had fun and the house smelt sooooo yummy!






13 years ago




11 comments:
jealous! you've got my mouth watering over here!! looks like a lot of fun! i'm going swim suit shopping next week and then my dear we are starting to lay out:) hopefully i can find one that fits that isn't to ugly!
So lucky and blessed Dara!
I wish so badly my neighborhood was filled with orange trees.
As soon as we begin landscaping our backyard...I am planting every kind of fruit tree I can find!
That's the best! Your kids are way too cute!
xoxo
I want to go to Arizona!
Fresh lemonade sounds so good! I really miss Iowa sometimes but we love the weather here way to much. Your kids are so much bigger than last time I saw them. They are cuties.
Oh this sounds so lovely! I know that smell. I remember going to Marilyn and Dwayne's in March when Scott was on his mission. I remember one particular morning when I got up to go running before it was too blasted hot. And the smell from the citrus trees was so perfect. I remember loving the parts of the streets that were shaded and breathing in that lovely smell and feeling rejuvenated and so happy. You've taken me back to a lovely memory.
Mmmm...delicious!! I love the smell of citrus!! I'm so excited to hang out with you guys tonight! I'll have to try some of that homemade lemonade!!!
I wish i could smell it from Cottonwood :) Im so sad i missed the girls night out. Looks like you guys had tons of fun. i plan to spend some time down there when school gets out so i will be calling you!!!
You have such a cute family!!!!
MMMMmmmmm...Fresh lemonade! I am getting a craving! YAY for SPRING:)
Mega jealous. I miss the orange blossoms really bad. We dont have anything like that here in Louisiana. Oh and the lemmons....mmm...our favorite. Send some my way;)
Oh how I would love fresh lemonade right now!! It's way to cold outside here but it's getting me excited for the warm days ahead!! The kids are looking so big!!
Post a Comment