This last Sunday Ashlynn gave her first talk at church! When she got her paper last week she was so excited and kept saying..."i get to go up on the stage mom, the stage!!" She thought she was going to talk in the chapel in front of the whole church. I had to explain to her that she would be on a smaller stage in front of all the little kids. That's our little entertainer for ya, she's not shy at all! When it was her turn to go, I was helping her up the steps and I started to get teared up and started crying. I had to shake that out of me quick! I couldn't believe that my baby was old enough to be doing this...she's almost 4 years old! Where has the time gone? She was such a big girl and did such a great job!
Someday I'm planning on printing my blog postings into books so I can have them around. So I have to write her little talk so we can remember it. Her talk was on "Family Members have Important Responsibilities"...her ya go...
"This is my family. I have a Daddy a Mommy and a big brother. We live in my Grammy & Grandpa's house while they are on a mission. My parents teach me many things. They teach me to be kind and to love my brother. I like to help my mommy cook & clean. My brother likes to help Daddy outside in the yard & they love to go on bike rides. We try to obey our parents but sometimes it can be hard. We love to do things together like going to the park...play games...and just be silly. I like to pick out what song to sing for Family Home Evening & my brother picks a song too. I like to say the family prayer sometimes too. I love my family."





6 comments:
Your family is beautiful! I love the primary. Garrett and I were in the primary for quite a few months, and the kids are so much fun! It's so fun to hear what they say. It sounds like she did a great job!
She is just the most adorable thing! So beautiful! It's hard to see them growing so fast, huh? I feel the same way.
I LOVE that!!! She's grown so BIG so QUICKLY! That age is so precious, and it just flies by...
Congrats Ashlynn!! She's getting so big! I can't believe she's already old enough to give talks in primary!! Her dress is so adorable too!!
She is so sweet!!! I love when the kiddos give talks in primary...such sweet insight into their little souls!
Holy cow...she is looking so big, Dara, and so CUTE.
I know...don't you just feel like time is going by so fast and it is hard to record everything and be consciously making a memory because you know you will want to remember all of these special things? I do.
Post a Comment