Friday, November 7, 2008

Princess Ashlynn

A couple months ago I got this Barbie movie for Ashlynn at Target. They have this little section of movies that are only $5 bucks...seriously!! Ever since then she has been literally obsessed with watching it ALL the time! Last year she got a box full of dress up clothes from her Grammy and hasn't really enjoyed them yet. I don't know what has gotten into her now but she will wake up, take her pj's off and put on dress up clothes. She has the songs to this movie pretty much memorized. When we lived in Iowa and Ashlynn was a baby, Dave and I used to wonder what she would be like a few years later. My friend Nicky's little girl Kaylee was at this fun stage. We were always entertained by her and wondered if Ashlynn was going to sing, dance, dress up like a princess and dance around like Kaylee. So I was hiding behind the couch and got my little camera to film her. It was just way too cute not to share! I guess all little girls long to be singing Princesses! (don't forget to pause my music at the bottom so you can hear her sing!)

9 comments:

birdfam said...

Way too cute! My kids are into Imagination Movers and can the final dance at the end of every episode. I haven't quite figured out how to record them w/out them knowing that I am doing it.

Cyn said...

How cute is that!?!? That is one of the girliest things I've ever seen! I absolutely ADORE her... all her sparkly energy just cracks me up! I might even let her wear glittery eyeshadow the next time she's here... :)

Megan said...

Oh my goodness! That is a very familiar sight. :) How sad is it that I know exactly what movie that is and all the words to the song? (Don't answer that.)

Elizabeth said...

This made me happy just watching it and thinking about the blissful, special time that is childhood. What a precious time, and how important to preserve it for our kids and let them have moments just like this.

So cute.

The Allens said...

Just what I pictured when we gave her dress up clothes. But who knew she would be such a natural star!!! Ashlynn makes my heart sing, Grammy just gave you lots of hugs and kisses and maybe a fried egg. Love uou bunches.

Tifani said...

Too cute! Do you ever feel like joining in? I am always strangely tempted to join the fun! I love her little voice!

tjnicky said...

That was so dang cute to see Ashlynn singing and dancing!! Kaylee and Malia loved it and thought she was a great dancer!! I wish we still lived close and so they could do it all together!!

Allison said...

It is so wierd to see her doing "big girl" things like that! When you left here she was so little still!! That was Abby's first Barbie movie and she completly loved it too! You should get her Barbie 12 Dancing Princesses-it is really cute!

Thomas Family said...

How cute!! I hope our Tess wants to be a princess too. I hope things are going well.