Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Update

Well...I think it is safe to say we have finally made it through our sick bugs!! We have never been hit so hard with the flu~Horrible!! It seriously stuck around for 2 weeks. Ashlynn and I both ended up being put on a antibiotic to get better and Dave and Tyler were able to get better on their own. I had my first day of work the first week I was sick and I wasn't about to call in on my first day. So I went to work with almost a 103 degree fever and stuck it out. Don't ask me how I did that...I just did. Things are going well there so far and I'm enjoying it. I'm still kind of in that nervous stage where I am trying to learn everything. It's been fun so far! Tyler is doing great and is enjoying school. He is such a sweet boy and we love him for that. I took him to a birthday party the other day for a girl in his class. Once we got there the birthday girl saw Ty and announced to all her friends that he was there. Before I knew it, Tyler had about 10 little girls around him~hugging him...jumping up and down! He is only in Kindergarten right? I wonder if this is a little glimpse at the future! Oh no!!!! My Dad took Tyler fishing for the first time over the weekend. He had so much fun. He didn't catch anything, but he learned how to cast and was having fun with that. It was so fun to see my parents come pick him up early in the morning and spend that time with him. He felt like a KING! Ashlynn is doing amazing with potty training! I can't believe how quickly she figured it out. It has been so great! She wears her cute little panties now and just wears a pull-up for her nap and when she goes to bed at night. I love seeing her cute little bum in her underwear...I just want to pinch it all day! She is growing up so fast and she is just so much fun to have around! Dave is doing well and hanging in there with the office. The office is growing and we are trying to make our staff grow but haven't had much luck. Dave hired a girl and she started last week. We thought everything was great until she didn't show up for her second day! What a bummer! Dave just couldn't believe it! We have no clue what happened with her. Oh well I guess! What can you do? So now we are back at square one and trying to find the right fit for the office. Dave is holding things together really well and I am just amazed at him. I love him so much and appreciate how hard he is working. I know this isn't easy for him and he has really been stressed out. We knew this experience would be a little bumpy and we know it will get worked out. Hopefully soon! As for me...I am just plugging along trying to keep things together at home and balance in this part-time job. We are loving the weather here right now and soaking it all in. I know sometime soon it's going to get deathly HOT. Thank heavens for the pool in the backyard! That is pretty much what has been going on with us the past couple weeks. Just wanted to give you all a little update!

4 comments:

Daydreaming, tree hugging human named lindsey said...

i cant believe she didnt show! I oughtta!!! If he needs ANY help please tell him to call me. I live right next door Dara. And I have alot of experience so just know that your sis is here! p.s. lets hang out. p.s..s love ya

Anonymous said...

Hey you! Yeah this whole sickness thing has lasted forever. I have the worst cold of my life and has last for over two weeks. So weird. We need to get together and hang one of these days. What mall do you work at? I bet you are so busy.

Megan said...

You guys are some busy little bees! I don't know how you do it, Dara.

Elizabeth said...

I am so glad you guys aren't sick anymore and that you are feeling better. That would have stunk to have felt so rotten on the first day of work and had to be a trooper about it.

So sorry to hear about the receptionist not showing up for the second day! What?! I hope you find someone soon.

Pretty soon you are going to get all tan in that Arizona sun. At least that's a benefit to those warm temps. :)