Sunday, February 17, 2008

See ya later diapers!!

Finally....something has finally clicked in Ashlynn's little head! I started to potty train her a couple months ago and it just wasn't working. She loved to sit on the potty but nothing would come out. For Christmas we gave her a dolly that went potty. I wanted her to see where it was supposed to come out of so she could understand better. I pretty much gave up at that point and just figured it would happen sometime. My sister was watching her for me the other day and she called me on the phone. She said Ashlynn had something to tell me. Ashlynn get's on and tells me that she just went poo-poo on the potty! I guess she was in there with my niece and she wanted to do it too. But something actually came out this time! I was shocked and so happy! Ever since then she has been going a few times a day in the toilet and still a little in her diaper. This week I am really going to crack down on this and get her trained! Hooray Hooray!


Later diapers...helloooooooooo panties!!!!!



3 comments:

Geoffrey and Ellee Pettit said...

YAY for you guys. That's so exciting. I wish merik would go "poo poo in the potty" He's a boy though and lazy like most boys. I'm so jealous you dont have to buy diapers anymore. You go girls!!

Anonymous said...

I think forever on we should commemorate this day as a day without diapers!!! Nice work Dara!

Adria said...

That's awesome! I think i'll use the same trick when Kylee is ready...just start getting Ashlynn ready now!