Monday, December 3, 2007

Opening Day!!!


Dave and I have been waiting for this very day for so LONG! I seriously can't believe it is finally here! All of our time, energy, blood, sweat(sp?) and tears...for this. It is in the middle of the night and I'm up doing this because I can't sleep. I'm so anxious for the morning and for Dave to see his very first patient. He has been working so hard and has almost lost his mind at times. But now here we are...ready for business. What a surreal moment this is for both of us! I am so incredibly proud of my husband. He is such a hard worker, extremely determined, has such a huge passion for this profession and is just amazing to me! We have definitely had our ups and downs with getting this office ready. It has been a huge learning experience and wasn't easy. But I know that we had to go through each of those things to get to where we are. We have had a unbelievable support system here! The past few weeks have been so insane that our kids have been taken care of by so many other people. My parents and my siblings have been an amazing help and some good friends of ours too. There is no way that we could have been done on time with out all of their help. Dave and I feel so blessed to have each of these people in our lives! We are so grateful for all of them. What a journey this has been! Dave has been Marketing like crazy and we already have close to 25 patients scheduled in our first week! We have found an amazing receptionist that works circles around Dave...her name is Jodi...we are so excited to have her! Thank you to everyone who has been helping us with our children, working at the office, phone calls to check on us and especially your prayers! We have so much gratitude in our hearts for all of you and especially our Heavenly Father! We love all of you and hope you enjoy all of the pictures from our new office.

Today has finally come.

9 comments:

Geoffrey and Ellee Pettit said...

WOW how exciting. I wish I was there for opening day. I need an adjustment soo bad. Everything looks great. Good luck to all of you! I'm so happy for you guys.

Scott said...

Chills, chills chills...you guys have accomplished so much. You both deserve it. Thanks for the post, it compensates at least a little bit for not being there!!

Elizabeth said...

Wow.

I don't even know what to say. Congratulations for getting to this point. I can't even imagine how amazing this day feels to you guys. I wish that we could be there today!!

We love you!!

Elizabeth said...

Holy cow...I just looked through all of those pictures and almost started crying!!!

So thrilled and excited for you guys.

You guys deserve today.

xo

p.s. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARA!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited! I wish I could send him a singing telegram or something cheesy like that. I love you guys and see only wonderful things ahead in your future. You both deserve this! You have worked so hard! And now instead of saying "someday...." it is "Now!" LOve you guys!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Lona said...

It has been so exciting these last few weeks as you have prepared for today! The office is so beautiful! Dr. Dave is incredible - and behind every great man is one amazing woman - Dara! All of your years preparing for this moment and the future have been so worth it! You are both so loved and looked up to! Love you - Mom & Dad

Tanya Kimball said...

Hope everything went well on Day 1 for you guys! So exciting! One of many career accomplishes for you and Dave, I'm sure! I need your address for Christmas cards! Send me your address to my email: tanyakimball@cox.net

Megan said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I can't believe it! I am SO beyond excited for you! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Everything looks gorgeous, Dara! Wow!!!