Friday, August 10, 2007

First day of Kindergarten


Ashlynn wanted to be in a picture with her brother
really bad. She thought it was her first
day of school too!

Wednesday Aug. 8Th was Tyler's first day of Kindergarten!
He was a little nervous at first but walked into his class
like a big boy and didn't look back. I then walked away
and started to CRY! What a big day for Tyler! The next day
at school happened a little differently. I basically had to pull
him off of me and have his teacher take him to class. That
was hard on me watching him crying his guts out and
begging me not to leave. When I picked him up that
afternoon he told me that he had a GREAT DAY at school!
Today he woke up happy and was ready for the day. We
have figured that the key is to get him to bed around 7pm
and then he is awesome the next day. We are going to
have to be very anal on school nights and get to bed on time.
I still can't believe that Ty is in school and now I am back
to Ashlynn all day. How GREAT is that! He is in school
all day from 8:30 to 3:30...that has been sooooo nice!
Life is GOOD!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love this song ("Fools Rush In"). And I love the quote about Tyler. That is so funny! :)
I bet that was so hard to walk away that first day (and the second!). He is getting so big. p.s. I love the new photo of you guys. I've said it before, but you guys just look like you belong together. You're perfect.

Anonymous said...

Oh...I love you guys!! I miss you and your kids. I am totally depressed!