Monday, May 11, 2009

Ditch Day


A couple weeks ago we had a little bit of an odd day that turned out fun. The night before Ty got some little bug. He had the scoots and was puking...it was really strange. When he finished he climbed up on the couch and fell right asleep. I decided to keep him home the next day to let him rest. I had to run some errands that morning, Dave was home because he didn't have patients. I took Ashlynn and left for a couple hours. Dave calls me later and tells me that Ty and him were out fishing and went on a bike ride. What??? Apparently Ty was totally fine and happy as ever. Dave really wanted to go do something as a family because we hardly ever have the time to. So the next thing I knew we were packing up drinks and snacks and going to the Zoo. It was warm that day but we still had fun. They have some splash pads there so we took the kids suits and let them play for a while. We decided to turn a sick day into a ditch day...it was fun!






4 comments:

Tifani said...

So Fun! I am glad that you guys were actually able to get out of the house together during the day. Awesome!

tjnicky said...

That looks like so much fun!! I'm glad Ty is feeling better!! We actually had a ditch day the other day! TJ was sick, but after a good nap I think he was just sick of working!!

The Allens said...

Can I go on the next ditch day!! That looked like so much fun. We miss you all so much. See you soon.

CJ BACKUS FAMILY said...

Your family is so cute!!! I will be down for 3 weeks starting June
9th. we should get together and catch up since i missed the last girls night!!!