Friday, April 17, 2009

Going back to Cali











I haven't really posted much of anything in like a month! I was talking to my sis Tif the other day and as soon as she answered the phone she goes..."You're alive!" Life has been a little crazy around here the past few weeks and I think we are finally starting to feel back on track again...maybe! A couple weeks ago Dave and I flew back to California to help move his sister Kirsten and family back here to AZ. As soon as we flew in we had just enough time to go into San Fransisco and see Fishermans Warf and eat at Bubba Gumps. It was one of the last places open at 10 o'clock at night and we were starving! We ate yummy food and Dave was in heaven with his pot of seafood. It was so amazing to go back there and it was so good for Dave to get away from the office and have no worries. We had so much fun!







There were bright green hills everywhere and I was loving the beauty of it all. We drove by Dave's old house and he just walked up and down his old street remembering the past. We went into downtown Danville and had lunch at the Rising Loafer...yummy! We drove by his old high school too. That area is so beautiful it was amazing! What a fun place to grow up!







After we were all loaded and packed up we started our journey back home to AZ. There was this place that Dave's family always had to stop on there way down to southern cali and it is called Pea Soup Andersen's. Dave and Kir were SO EXCITED to have pea soup and I just didn't get it! It was such a cute place but I passed on the soup...not really a fan. But they had all you can eat...Brandon loved it too! It was fun to be in a place that had such happy memories for them. Brandon was a little trooper driving all that way! We made it home safe and sound and we are now one big happy family:) It was a super quick trip but we made the most of it and had a great time!








































































4 comments:

The Allens said...

You brought tears to my eyes of joy filled memories. Dara you are so thoughtful, sometimes I can't believe you are real. I so love to see all the pictures. Your eye for catching the moment is artistic.
Love to all of you, in that full house. Grammy

Rebecca said...

What a fun trip!! How cool to re-live those days all over again! Dave looks in heaven with those delicious looking crabs!! Mmm...we need to have a crab party!!

Elizabeth said...

I loved looking at these pics! I wish we could have been with you.

Anonymous said...

AAAAArrrrgggggg!!! I have to admit I am feeling very jealous!! All of the pics and play by play were great, but, the pic that got me was the one of the rolling green hill!

thanks for the memories!