Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Busy little Bees



I get a knock on our door last night from a neighbor. She began to ask me if I knew we had a bee problem? I told her that we have been seeing bees but had no idea where they were coming from. Little did we know they were coming from our house! Dave looked around this morning and saw a bunch of bees flying around the A/C unit on the side of the house. We had a guy come out and look at it with his fun white bee suit. I staid in the house but could look through the window as he was searching around. All of a sudden I see HUNDREDS of BEES swarming around this man. I was freaking out but this man was just fine. What ever he was doing these bees were pretty dang mad. He finds that the bees aren't in the A/C unit but that they are inside the wall on the side of the house by the bathroom. He then says that he thinks they might be all the way underneath the bathtub and up the side wall. I went into the bathroom and heard a BUZZING like no other! He drills a little hole in the wall and his drill bit come out with honey all over it. After he was done trying to exterminate these crazy bees he tells me what the next step is. This was not a little old bee hive...this was a huge hive that has been there for 3-6 months and has close to 75-100lbs. of HONEY in the walls! CRAZY I tell you! He is coming back in the morning to finish the job which in tales cutting open the wall, killing the rest of the bees, taking out the honey combs and all that honey...etc. What a mess! I guess once the bees are in there they can produce a pound of honey a day. I am still itching just thinking about it. I can still hear them in the walls next to the bathroom...they aren't happy little creatures right now. I'm wondering what they are going to do with all that honey? We will see tomorrow. To "bee" continued...(i know that was lame!)

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow. Who would have guessed?

Adria said...

do you know the super slueth oath?

Allison said...

Hi, you don't know me but I had to comment. I was blog hopping and found you through Shauna. I saw that you have an Ashlynn and so do I except mine just turned 4. I read this post and about died! That is SO CRAZY!!! I hope everything gets taken care of so you can sleep at night again...

Dream Lenz Photography said...

I used to work for a bee company and I even got dressed up in those white suits a couple of times and actually fought bees! Did you know that? ITs so scary.

Tifani said...

That is crazy!