Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The phone call

I didn't think this day would come for a least a few years. I'm glad I'm writing about this so I can remember this day for always. Tyler had a half day today and got home around noon. We had only been home a few minutes when the phone rang. I picked it up, said hello and waited..."hello...hi...is Tyler there?" The voice was so quiet and shy. Next thing I hear is another person get on the phone and it's a friend from church. She then tell me that Lily really wants Tyler to come over and play today. Little Miss Lily is in Ty's school class and his primary class at church. She is the cutest little thing and so sweet. She just got shy and wanted her mom to ask me if Tyler could play. I thought how nice for someone to invite Tyler to come over and play. Yesterday Ashlynn went over to one of her little friends to play too. I love that my kids are at the age where I can have them playing at someones house and I don't even have to worry about them...it's SO NICE!! A bit of freedom every now and then is bliss! Tyler has been invited to play a bunch of times but this is the very first time that my phone rang and it was a girl asking for Tyler. So here he goes...my little man is growing up.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh, man...I swear they get big right before your eyes. I'm not ready for all of this! :)

Bobby said...

Davide and Dara,
Glad you found our blog. It seems like just yesterday that dave was booking a room for Dara to stay in at Hotel Roberts in Provo. Very nice hotel- Bobby