Sunday, January 6, 2008

Grandpa's Funeral~Jan. 4th 2008




What a special day today was. It was a day full of many things...Memories, Tears, Happiness, Laughter, Sadness, Music, Stories & More Stories, Love, Tenderness, Reunion, Wonder, Prayer, the Holy Spirit and most of all Peace. It was a day of overwhelming love for my Grandpa.







Grandpa loved sweets...he would hide goodies in his shed or in the back of the van...Grandma never knew until just before his passing. He also would always have these little throat drops in his shirt pocket whenever you might need them. 3 of my Grandpa's brothers were here from North Carolina and we just LOVED having them here! I seriously could sit there and just soak them all in! We loved talking and hearing all sorts of stories and jokes. It made us feel like Grandpa was right there...and I'm sure that he really was. Tifani flew in that morning and we have just loved having her home with us. It's been so nice to have all of my sisters in one place. I am so grateful for my family and how close we all are! It was really a special day.

4 comments:

TheBurtons said...

Dara, i love your family, and your grandfather. His spirit was so strong and left an impression on anyone who ever met him. All I can say is "God be with you till we meet again". Love you guys!

Adria said...

Well said. I love you!

Elizabeth said...

I loved this post.

That must have been so special for your family to have that experience together.

I love that picture of your parents hugging. Everything about it. It made me feel emotional. How lovely to catch love on film. They are great people.

And, as always, that photo of you and your sisters is stunning. You are all beautiful women.

Anonymous said...

Dara-It looks like there was so much love in those pictures. I'm so glad you had your whole family there to lean on each other. What a special family you have. I wish I could have been there to give you a big hug, but it seems you got enough of those to go around.
Take care you guys!

-sorry but I have to add this...Dara I love your hair(I swear I've seen it change so many times it's fun to see what you come up with!!! :)