Friday, June 22, 2007

Our Graduation Activities










We just wanted to show the good times that we had in Iowa while we spent time with family and friends. We went to West Lake, Field of Dreams Movie Site, Maquoketa Caves and a friends pool. Dave gave our families a tour of Palmer and they were able to see where we have been for over 3 years. It was so much fun! The corn wasn't too high yet, but we still had to walk through it at "field of dreams". The only picture that we weren't able to get was me (Dara) being taken away by an ambulance after being hit by a car at Bluff Lake Restaurant. At least this excitement happened at the end of our trip and we were able to do all that we had planned. I'll explain...we had just finished eating dinner and we were all waiting out front for Dave to bring the car around. I was talking on the phone and couldn't hear so I moved around a bit, away from my kids, thank goodness! A guy was coming down the parking lot trying to get this space right in front. As he was turning to straighten out his SUV to back up into the space, he ran right into me in the parking lot! He wasn't even looking in front of him and didn't even see me. He hit me right in my low back and pelvis. An ambulance ride, x-rays and a cat scan later, I left with bruising and swelling and pain medication. What an eventful evening that we had! Thank goodness I know a good Chiropractor! I have been going into Dave's office that he is working at twice a day and Dr. Breck has been taking great care of me. I basically have whip lash in my back and have been extremely sore. Thank goodness that Dave's sister Casie is here visiting because she has been my saving grace! I know she was supposed to be here for a reason, she has been wonderful! Graduation weekend was full of excitement and interesting events, never a dull moment.


2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad that you're getting good care. You've got to be really sore from that. I know I already said it, but it was stunning to me to just look at how beautiful you guys are. Such a gorgeous family. You look so good, Dara!

Daydreaming, tree hugging human named lindsey said...

yowzers!