Friday, November 22, 2013

Back in School

 August 7, 2013~When it's time for school to start again I'm usually to the point to where I can't wait!!!! Summer has been a ball of fun but it's time to get back into a routine and get back on track! The kids are so excited to see their friends again and wear a new outfit to school........and I very lovingly push them out the door with a kiss and a hug and a wave goodbye. I love my kiddos and I love them being in school. It gives me a little break and some quality time with my buddy Parker. I have to admit that homework this year has been my demise......what am I saying it is every year!! LOL! Tyler started the 6th grade.....can you believe that because I sure can't!! This year for him and been a huge challenge and a big adjustment as the 6th grade teachers are preparing all the students for JUNIOR HIGH. They rotate between all the teachers for different subjects. This has brought Tyler's lack of organizations skills to a head and he will be the most organized child on the planet if I can help it by the end of the year!!! The first few weeks of school were really difficult for Ty but he caught himself up and worked his little bootie off and finally seems to be up to speed. So proud of him!! I've watched my mom for years hounding all us kids during school and having to be constantly on us. I used to get so annoyed and wonder why I had to be tortured?? Well, lets say now that I'm getting a taste of my own medicine and have to be on my kids ALL the time to stay focused, stay disciplined and do their best. It's exhausting but at the same time I want them to want these things. I want them to want to succeed and know how it feels to do well and know that they did their best. They have to learn to apply themselves and work hard. These qualities with follow them their entire lives. Now I look at my mom who is a brand new empty Nester and hope that someday my children look at me the way I look at her. My mom is an amazing woman who nurtured us and taught us well. I hope I can instill the same qualities in my own children.
Back to school.......Ashlynn started 3rd grade. She is the life of the party and has so many friends. She loves to make her teacher happy and do well in school. We just need to work on her DIVA attitude at home. Not sure what to do about that but I'll figure something out. She's all girl and we love her to bits. She LOVES to read and I love that about her. She can get lost in her room with a book for hours. She's becoming quite to ballerina and twirls all around the house. 
Pman is my little buddy. He's hilarious and animated. Doesn't like to be told what to do and wants to do everything himself. He's the sweetest little thing, gives the best snuggles and kisses. We have a lot of fun together. He loves walking his brother and sister out the front door in the morning and watch them walk to the crosswalk. Then he gets so excited to get them back home. I'm so grateful for all 3 of my children. They each are so different and bring so many things to our family. I'm so grateful to be their mother!! 



This cracks me up! This is my mom on the first day of school. No more of this for her.......she was pretty excited to have no more meet the teacher nights, no more sack lunches, no more homework and be free!! I love her:) After 6 kids she deserves this happy dance of joy!!

No comments: