Saturday, September 18, 2010

12th Anniversary....are you kidding me???

This summer we celebrated our 12Th Anniversary! I honestly can't believe that 12 years has gone by. Our actual date is July 11Th....that weekend we were so busy with Tyler's baptism and family that we didn't really celebrate much. We celebrated Tyler instead which is wonderful but we wanted to still get away another weekend. So I did a little planning and worked my priceline magic.....in Aug. we packed our bags....dropped the kids off with my sis and drove up to Prescott. We loved not having a schedule and being spontaneous! We walked through tons of antique shops....roamed the streets of Prescott and Jerome......and saw Sedona in a whole new way!!! It was a very much needed weekend alone.

We ate breakfast at the little place and the portions were insane!!! We had so much food we didn't know what to do with it. We couldn't save it because we didn't have a fridge. There was a big park across the street.....different bands were playing and people were scattered everywhere. We decided to pack up our leftovers and grab some silverware and go find someone to give it to at the park. We walked around for a few minutes and asked a couple people. They thanked us but said they were fine. Dave noticed this homeless man in a sleeping bag by a tree. He had everything he owned in bags all around him. We both got this feeling that this guy could really use some food. He quietly went up to him bent down and explained the situation with our food. He welcomed the food and was so grateful....you could tell he hadn't eaten in a long time....his hands and arms were shaking as he reached out for the containers. He said thank you and we walked away and I started to cry. How many times have I walked by people like that and looked the other way and acted like they don't exist?? I have many many times. I'm glad that day was different. I'm glad that we had the opportunity to share and that we were open and willing to helping someone....it taught me something.

We drove up to Jerome after that.....awwww I love that drive.....it's beautiful. Jerome is this tiny little ghost town that is a mile or so high on top of a mountain. It's the craziest thing because all of a sudden it's there. It's full of cute shops and yummy restaurants and windy twisty tiny roads....it's great.

While in Jerome we went to an old Gold Mine behind the city. It looked more like a junk yard to me but it was cool to see it all. We were approached by this guy and somehow got sucked into listening to a time share bit. Dave will totally say it's all my fault and it was but this guy was giving all this free stuff to us just to listed to them. We had to go up to Sedona which I wanted to go there anyway.....so we went.....had a free breakfast.....listened to them for 2 hours......ended up getting a free helicopter ride over Sedona and a free weekend stay anywhere in the U.S. We were pretty irritated during those 2 hours but once were were flying in that helicopter it was all worth it! It was so cool and freaky at the same time. I had to sit in the front and the floor was glass.....it was crazy!!!



It was a great weekend and we had so much fun together! Love that we have cool little places like this to escape to that are close by. I love you babe:)

2 comments:

tjnicky said...

Congratulations!! That is awesome that you guys have been married for 12 years, it goes by way too fast!! Good for you for planning a little getaway, Dave has a good wife!! It looks so pretty and it looks like you guys had a ton of fun together!! Tell the kiddos hello from us!

Thomas Family said...

Congrats! It's so nice to get away. It looks like you went to a lot of cool places...I love adventures like that.