"Where can I turn for peace? Where is my solace? When other sources cease to make me whole?When with a wounded heart, anger or malice, I draw myself apart searching my soul?"
"Where when my aching grows, where when I languish, Where, in my need to know, Where, can I run? Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish? Who, who can understand? He, only one."
"He answers privately, reaches my reaching. In my Gethsemane, Savior and Friend. Gentle the peace he finds for my beseeching. Constant he is and kind, Love without end."
I can't express how much I love my family...they are everything to me. I'm grateful that I was able to be with all of them today. I love my sweet sister and I'm so grateful for her good husband. Watching him being so tender...kind...loving...nerturing...it's an amazing thing to witness. I'm grateful for the words in this song. I've always loved this song but now it means so much more to me. It will always remind me of today.




5 comments:
My heart goes out to you and your family!! I can't imagine what your family is going through right now. It's moments like this that make the world seem so small and precious. It just makes your want to hold onto your little ones. We love you guys. Let us know if there is ever anything that we can do!!
Hi Dara. It's Allie. I added you to my blog. Hope you don't mind.
I'm very sorry for Tiffany. She is in my prayers and I'm happy she has such a beautiful family to support her through this difficult time.
xoxo
So sorry Dara to hear of your Family's lost. I'm sure Tif will be in some form of mourning for a while. I remember this same set of circumstances with Michelle and Darren and they have gone on to work miracles in the lives of innocent children. Heavenly Father will bless your sister's family in ways we can not understand. Thank you for sharing your heart felt feelings in our email and here with us, I feel like we were there! We love you all so much its hard to express.
I am so sorry to hear about Tiffany's loss. I can't imagine what she is going through. I pray that they will be comforted in this time of great sadness. Let me know if we can do anything for you.
I'll talk to you soon.
I'm glad you were able to be with them and to have such a feeling of peace and sacredness in the midst of something really hard.
I love that hymn too.
Post a Comment