Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Watch Out...these things are dangerous!

Oh my this picture makes me laugh!!!! Poor woman! Anyway, I have a story to share...so yesterday I was down the street at a neighbors with some friends that were visiting for the week. Sonja, Linda, Sandy and I are sitting in the driveway talking and watching our kids and grandkids play together. Tyler finds a hula hoop and tries to figure it out. Sandy (who is a childhood friend that Dave grew up with) tries to show Tyler some tricks with the hoop. Tyler goes off and is trying to figure it all out. I'm sitting there talking and all of a sudden...BAM!!!!!! I just put my hands over my face and was thinking very quietly to myself, "what in the crap was that!!!???" Oh and, "wow this really hurts! This was totally one of those moments where everyone just stares at you because they don't know what else to do. It really is funny now that I think about it and when I share the story with others!
So, Tyler threw the hula hoop and was trying to spin it to make it come back to him. Well it didn't come back to him! Instead it hit me right square between the eyes and my nose. Holy Hannah it hurt. Poor Ty was so embarrassed and felt so bad that he just put his little head in my lap so of course I had to keep my cool. Needless to say we packed up our things and our visiting time was over. This is just a little warning for all of you hula hoopers.......watch out because these things can get ya!!

3 comments:

Geoffrey and Ellee Pettit said...

I am dying laughing right now. So sorry that that happened. So funny at the same time. Seriously tears coming out of my eyes. Sorry if that’s rude. Thanks for the laugh. Are you okay?

Elizabeth said...

OUCH. Poor Ty AND poor you. I'll have to watch out for future reference. :)

And, that picture is funny.

Mary said...

Hilarious story! I'll have to keep my eye on those little Hula-Hoopers!