~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I've been doing a lot of thinking this past week. All of the things that matter most to me...my husband, my children, my family, friendships, the gospel, my Savior and the blessing of eternal families. I am so incredibly grateful for the gift of eternal families. Last week I found out that my Aunt's husband passed away. I was shocked and full of disbelief. The following day I got an email from a close friend of mine. She told me that her sister-in-law also passed away on the same day as my Uncle. A million questions ran through my mind. I really believe there are reasons why things happen the way that they do. But in that moment of tragedy you often question why? We must remember to trust in God and have faith that everything will be OK. I was reading a lesson from "The Teachings of Spencer W. Kimball" and I came across a paragraph that I wanted to share. "No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted. It ministers to our education, to the development of such qualities as patience, faith, fortitude and humility. All that we suffer and all that we endure, especially when we endure it patiently, builds up our character, purifies our hearts, expands our souls, and makes us more tender and charitable, more worthy to be called the children of God...and it is through sorrow and suffering, toil and tribulation, that we gain the education that we come here to acquire and which will make us more like our Father and Mother in heaven..."(Orson F. Witney)
This quote helped me to remember that whatever trials we have, we will grow from them. We are here on this earth to learn and to grow. We all have trials in many forms, some more than others. We must remember to trust in God and have faith in Him. This past week has definitely helped me to look at my own life, my family and my priorities. I am so grateful for all of my many blessings. I'm grateful for this time I've had to remember these things and to cherish them. I am GRATEFUL and BLESSED.
13 years ago





5 comments:
Dara -- I love that quote. It holds a special place to me because I first read it in a letter from Todd when he was on his mission and I was going through a rough time. I've been meaning to call you to see how everything is going (Scott told me about your uncle but he wasn't sure which one it was). I hope you are doing okay. I've been thinking about those things, too, lately, and how I can focus my life more on what is truly important, and specifically how I can have the spirit more constantly in my life. Thanks for this post.
p.s. Beautiful picture. Did you take it?
I love you. What you said was beautiful and after going to the funeral it really speaks louder to me. . . miss you.
Thanks! That was wonderful and beautifully put!
Love that quote from Tyler. So cute!
Post a Comment